Monday, September 6, 2010

Plum tart á la Lloyd by Brian

Hoping to get the recipe sometime - it was superb!















Sent from Lloyd himself:

Italian Plum Torte

Cream 1 Cup sugar 1/2 Cup sweet butter

add:

1 Cup flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

pinch salt

2 eggs. Smooth batter in greased spring form pan. (Or: a 10" pie dish) top with: 12 Italian plums halved and seeded. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve warm or cold with or without whipped cream.

N.b.:  Alternatively use apricot halves or Bartlett pears halved, cored and cut in slices.  Or: berries, e.g. blueberries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Lloyd's recipe. I follow it exactly. It's still on the paper he gave it to me on about 18 years ago. Brian.

Hazna Khaled said...

I made this and loved it!
I've put a link on my blog to your recipe.
http://haznakhaled.blogspot.com/2011/08/plum-pie.html